Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In My Opinion....

Yesterday I gained 1.2 pounds. Probably because I forgot to workout on Monday. Getting back into the swing of things after spring break while still trying to follow this diet can be stressful, especially when the hard work doesn't pay off. I knew there would be days when I gain instead of lose, but I guess I just didn't expect them to come so soon. I am happy to say I haven't had any crazy eating splurges, and haven't not worked out just because I didn't feel up to it. I also lost a pound of that 1.2. There's always a bright side. Geoffrey says if you do something for three weeks, it becomes a habit. I have 1 2/3 of a week left!

In other news, I have a to do list a mile long, and too much of it is busy work. I'd rather work for hours on one thing than run around for an hour doing tiny errands. And I hate having to communicate with people. Calling to check on this or talking to this person in such and such office to do that, it's just obnoxious. Especially when the last thing those people want to do is help you out. So many people are perpetually grumpy and seem to hate their jobs. I hope I never turn into that person.



I've started reading a new series. Geoffrey is reading The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King, and I bought the first book Monday. I'm on page 17 and it hasn't really spiked my interest yet, but I'm not ready to give it up. Stephen King gets a lot of crap because so many of his books have cult followers. As soon as everyone likes something, it's no longer "cool." I did a paper on this Freshman year...very interesting. Anyway...people accuse him now of starting a book with a movie in mind. I'm sure the thought is in the back of his mind somewhere, but mostly I think people need to lay off. The man knows how to tell a story, and that's all that's important to me.


I just finished this book, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The main character is suffering through many issues that I think are very relevant to college students, though in the story he is only in high school. He describes those things you have to do that keep creeping into your mind (like running those damn errands) as "tentacles" and I can't think of a better word. I also like the way Ned Vizzini writes, except for one little thing. Instead of saying "he said" or someting after a quote, he does this:
"I really want to go to the movies," she was like.
SO obnoxious.



The book was also made into a film starring Zach Galifianakis, Emma Roberts, and some other guy no one's heard of (Keir Gilchrist). I watched it and it followed the book fairly well and I would recommend it as well.

Well, time to close the gallery and then get dinner, go to class, workout, and finally...SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails